Sark Ohanian, Esq. obtained his law degree from Loyola Law School in 2000, and began working as an Associate at Carpenter & Zuckerman that same year. Sark practices employment and personal injury litigation, with an emphasis on discrimination and life-changing injuries. His work includes a specific focus on cases involving assault & battery, employment harassment, wrongful termination, wrongful death, products liability, and traumatic brain injuries.
Sark’s passion for growing Carpenter & Zuckerman’s employment practice is rooted in his desire to help those who often feel helpless in a society of powerful corporate employers and entities. He upholds the firm’s philosophy that attorneys must truly connect with their clients in order to effectively present their cases to a jury and judge.
“I take great pride in representing employees who have been wronged by their employers, and have been subjected to working under very hostile and degrading environments. Oftentimes, the employee feels powerless in such a situation, yet needs to continue working to support his or her family. They endure a great deal of harassment, discrimination and anxiety in the workplace until they simply can’t it anymore and seek the advice of counsel. It is a great honor, and very satisfying to me both personally and professionally, when I am able to jump in and help the employee stand up to the employer.”
As a partner at Carpenter and Zuckerman, Sark has thrived professionally, while contributing to the overall growth and success of the firm. Having handled and tried countless cases during his tenure with Carpenter and Zuckerman, Sark has achieved a career gross recovery exceeding $1 billion for his clients.
A few of Attorney Sark Ohanian’s recent cases include:
- $8,355,451 verdict in a jury trial co-chaired against the LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority for the wrongful death of an elderly man
- $6,897,044 verdict in a jury trial co-chaired against a security company for excessive use of force, resulting in a traumatic brain injury
- $3,850,000 settlement for a client who slipped and fell on water in a shopping center, exacerbating a prior diagnosis of complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS)
- $3,650,000 settlement for a client who was injured in a motor vehicle accident caused by a rideshare driver, sustaining serious injuries to his neck and pelvis, which required multiple surgeries
- $3,000,000 settlement for a client who was under the influence and fell from a second story balcony of a motel due to a loose railing, thereby sustaining a fractured skull and traumatic brain injury
- $3,000,000 settlement for a client who was negligently knocked to the ground by a security guard at his apartment complex, which resulted in a serious injury to his neck, as well as a traumatic brain injury
- $1,000,000 settlement with a public entity for a client who sustained injuries after losing control of his motorcycle on an improperly maintained section of roadway
Sark is a member of the California Employment Lawyers Association.